About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 32


Day 32
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
Traditions

“Traditions are the guideposts driven deep in our subconscious minds. The most powerful ones are those we can't even describe, aren't even aware of.”

Traditions bring people together. They give a sense of community, a sense of belonging. Traditions can be big or small, accidental or on purpose. Every culture, every religion, every being has developed some sort of traditions within their own homes, schools, communities, etc.

Here are a few traditions I have experienced in my life, some of which I hope to some day pass on to my children.

Ocean City, NJ every September
Opening up 1 gift on Christmas Eve
Putting our shoes out in the hallway every Christmas Eve
Going to the Ephrata Fair
Going to the Lititz Memorial Day Parade
Going to the Lititz and Long's Park Fourth of July Celebrations
Funky Farm Cornroast
Selling our flowers and vegetables at our roadside stand
Riding bikes on the boardwalk
Sunday Dinners
Giving flowers to my teacher and bus driver on the first day of school
Christmas Eve service then to Rupt's Christmas Party for oyster stew
Planting our Christmas tree in the back yard*
Trips to Penn State
Finding an orange in our stocking
Poached eggs at Pappy's
Roots on Tuesdays
Checking the scarecrow's pockets
Standing in front of the Christmas tree with a sign with the year on it and getting our picture taken
and so on...

*(Picture) If you've ever been to my dad's house, the line of pine trees that line the back of the property are past christmas trees from when we were kids. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider