About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 33


2010-08-02 21:47:38 -0400
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
Healthy dinners for one person can be a challenge. Sitting down at a table alone and savoring a meal prepared for oneself seems to be a foreign concept to singles with empty refrigerators, accustomed to eating on the run. Even those who do cook are likely to be put off by recipes sufficient to feed four or six.

But eating alone can be a relaxing, almost meditative experience. In their new book, “Savor: Mindful Eating, Mindful Life,” Lilian Cheung, a nutritionist at Harvard, and Thich Nhat Hanh, a Buddhist teacher, give important advice to dieters about using Buddhist techniques of mindfulness to control overeating. When you eat alone, you have the opportunity to put these techniques into practice. Preparing a meal just for yourself can give you an opportunity to really contemplate what you eat.*

Tonight - 1 chicken breast, 1/4 c. couscous, 1 diced tomato, and 1 chopped green pepper mixed together. Just enough for me, with no leftovers. It was goooooood, hence the empty bowl!

*Taken from an article in the New York Times
By MARTHA ROSE SHULMAN

No comments:

Post a Comment

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider