About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 39


2010-08-08 23:01:20 -0400
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
One of the characteristics of humankind seems to be a desire to have more. Many experience the feeling, or have the belief or attitude of never having enough. We sometimes seem to view this as a "negative" experience, as in the case of not having enough money, love, clothes, or a myriad of other "possessions". We never seem to be satisfied, to always need more to enable us to reach that elusive point of total satisfaction.

This drive of always wanting more does have its positive side—it is what leads us ever onward. 'Not having enough' can be the motivation to keep on going, to grow to our full potential, to have more happiness, more well-being, more fulfillment, and attain self-realization.

There also is a catch to be aware of. If this desire for "more" becomes a need, or an obsession, then it can be a hindrance rather that a helper. If we are attached to our desire for more, whether it be for material goodies or spiritual ones, we may lose sight of our true goal in the process. A good analogy for this is being so concerned with not having any fruit on the kitchen table, that we neglect to look out the window to see the tree loaded with fruit ready and waiting to be picked. Sometimes, we can be so caught up in seeing what we don't have, that we don't see what we do have.

Tonight, while shopping, I again notice these gigantic "Extra Giant" marshmallows that Giant is now selling. If someone can please tell me the need for such a HUGE sugary treat, I would be much appreciated. Do we tend to take things too far? Throw things out of perspective just because of wanting more?

Came across this in a forward email... found it very interesting and VERY true...

The Paradox of Our Time in History is that
we spend more, but have less;
we buy more, but enjoy it less.
We have bigger houses and smaller families;
more conveniences, but less time;
more medicine, but less wellness.
We read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.
We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values.
These are the times of tall men, and short character;
steep profits, and shallow relationships.
These are the days of two incomes, but more divorce;
of fancier houses, but broken homes.
We've learned how to make a living, but not a life;
we've added years to life, not life to years;
we've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider