About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 35


2010-08-04 22:20:05 -0400
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
Whoa! I must be in South America cause I'm in 'Da Nile!!!!!

Welcome to my 3rd floor... This could be another bedroom, a cute studio, an office, etc. However, it has become storage! LOTS of storage! How does one person have this much stuff? I'm a self proclaimed pack rat!

I have pictures and love notes from 7th grade. I have gifts and cards from past students. I have shoes that haven't seen the light of day in years and are probably out of style! I found 2 VCR's, a box of about 40 Disney VHS tapes, and unopened Hallmark Christmas ornaments. Shall I go on? I found a Tupperware container of sand darts, old seashells I collected at some point in my life, about 4 complete bed sheet sets, a crap load of kitchen utensils, TONS of holiday decorations, school files, school files, school files, AND school files! YIKES!

My first instinct was to hire someone to come in and clean house! Someone who would yell at me and not let me keep anything! I honestly googled it and (although I already knew this) found the price range to be insanely high! Then I came across an article about how cleaning is the new therapy. It says...

"Cleaning is the new therapy. Psychologists have found that there is a marked difference in mood before and after doing cleaning, just as with a therapy session.
Research maintains that a clean house makes people feel happy, satisfied, comfortable and healthy. The According to Carol Nemeroff, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Psychology at Arizona State University, spring cleaning may have been in existence for ages. This psychological boost may be derived from a satisfied urge to clean out our nests."

So to save a few hundred dollars in clean-up costs and therapy... I'm rolling up my sleeves and cleaning house! Well, at least that's the plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider