About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 57


2010-08-26 23:09:21 -0400
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
It's the end of August...

Labor Day is nearing...

The corn harvest is at it's peak...

In my childhood days this could only mean one thing...

FUNKY FARM CORN ROAST!

It was a tradition like no other. 300-400 people at my house every labor day weekend since I could remember! This was no ordinary picnic. Lots of things happened at that picnic... my first taste of beer, my first drag of a cig, my first kiss...

If you were lucky enough to experience this you may remember the following...

Hot air balloon rides
The infamous raffle
Picnic table crew
Long tables of food
McDonald's orange drink
Grill crew
The announcements from the balcony
All the kittens
The fire pit
Roasting marshmallows
and so on and so on...

What was your favorite memory at the corn roast?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, are you serious?? You should throw another one...I would TOTALLY come! I have no big memory like that, we had lame parties in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying sooooooo hard to get my dad to do this again! Everyone we knew was invited and was encouraged to bring along another family. Everyone brought a covered dish and meat (chix, hot dog, hamburger, etc.) for their family. We provided drinks and paper products. We made a list of what people were bringing when the rsvp'd so we wouldn't have too much of one thing. People would donate their picnic table and/or grill and the day before my dad had crews of people to round everything up. We had raffle prizes and activities! It was soooooo fun. We called it a corn roast because my dad would roast corn on burlap over the fire pit! Only way to eat corn!!! It's a lot of work but I'm thinking there are def enough people that want it to start up again!

    ReplyDelete

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider