About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 38

One man's trash is another man's treasure... I was hoping that was true today.

As I rose this morning at 5:45am (on a Saturday) I wondered why in the world I'd agreed to this garage sale. Then I remembered how good it felt to be able to walk around my 3rd floor and how good it felt to take out 12 boxes from the 3rd floor! My cleaning therapy may just be the ticket! It is a cleansing of sort.

As I sat out waiting for people to pull up and realize they couldn't live without my old used stuff, i went over the memories many of the items had. My first set of dishes I bought on my own for my first apartment. A jacket that an old friend bought me after a fun filled day in Lancaster. TONS of teaching supplies that I have gathered over the years and so on.

Something I also enjoyed were the random conversations with people that stopped by. A teaching assistant of a Pre-K class from Brooklyn. A woman and her autistic son. A high school science teacher. A lady who just kept yelling/nagging at her husband. A teaching assistant that struggled to go back to school for her teaching degree and who is taking her first job this fall as a certified teacher. A couple that just moved her from Idaho, etc. Different backgrounds. Different stories. Different situations from different walks of life.

As much as I wanted other people to take my trash and turn it into their treasure, just the opposite happened. As they were telling their tales of hardships, I treasured each story and remembered to give thanks for all the blessings I had in my life. (Even if at the moment I wasn't feeling particularly lucky) Bottom line I feel the majority of people are kind hearted, hard working, and just want to get along with others and be the best they can be.

They also bought LOTS of my stuff.

Things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider