About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 31


2010-07-31 23:19:38 -0400
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
What is it about carvings in wood professing true love that makes my heart melt. I often wonder about the people who etched their names in history. How old were they? Are they still together? Do they ever come back and visit their special place? No one knows for sure what the future holds but when I see trees, or benches such as this, I see hope and love and commitment and passion. And I like it!

Carving names into trees
Poem by Dino Poetry

I built my house on
memory lane, because it was
the safest place
I had ever known.
You carved our names in the
tree there when I was just
a boy, I remember.
I love that place
because it never left me
and whenever I felt scared
or alone
I would walk its beaten path
with you and it would
take away all my pain.
I grew strong on
memory lane, and my
children will grow there
too.
And when they are afraid
in the night,
I will carry them there
like I was carried.
We will sing every song
there,
and read every book.
We will laugh there,
and jump there.
And when we feel alive
we will celebrate there.
We will skin knees there,
and heal there.
And when we cry there,
there will always be
a shoulder.
Your shoulder.
My shoulder.
Today I will walk to
our names
on our tree
on memory lane and carve
something else,
"Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider