About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 15


2010-07-15 22:20:00 -0500
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
The past week seems to be a blur... PA, IL, NE, and IA! That's 4 states in 3 days! I began writing this blog in the Chicago airport as people were whizzing by with completely tense faces. Do people ever take the time to slow down and smell the Starbucks? I had a whole blog entry in my head about taking time to stop and smell the roses. To take life one step at a time. To find the good in each situation instead of always dwelling on the negative. But I got distracted and tense and pissed off about my delayed flight that I never finished it.

This blog entry couldn't have been more appropriate for what would happen next...

My plane from Chicago to Harrisburg was to leave ORD at 9:12pm. After mechanical issues and a missing flight attendant, we finally boarded our plane around midnight. Grumpy, tired, and complaining, we all just wanted to get home. As I wait for the plane to take off you'd think I would just sit and relax and be thankful I am one step closer to being home. However, my mind went straight into overload mode. I began thinking about the training I had just attended and how I wanted to implement it into my daily routine at school, and what things I could do to make it better. I began making a list of things I needed to do and get ready for, for summer school next week. I made up my grocery list, planned out my to do list for Friday, etc, etc, etc. At some point the captain said we could turn on our electronic devices, so I turned on my iPod, put in my headphones, and actually drifted off to sleep. I was abruptly awoken by an unsteady plane and the captain over the load speaker informing us that there were issues with the plane and to brace for a rough landing. He also added that he requested emergency services to be available and meet us on the runway. Oh and by the way, everything is under control. Wait... WHAT!?!?! It took a little while for the message to actually sink in. We were circling the airport attempting to get our landing gear to come out of the plane. No such luck... There were times when we would descend and slow down, only to speed up and rise again. At one point it hit me... I might really be in danger.

I went into survival mode (a bit dramatic but, come on... it's me). I took my cell phone out of my purse and secured it on my body. I also took out my license and put it in my pocket for, god forbid, identification purposes if something happened. I began looking around planning the shortest route to an emergency exit. I even zipped up the cardigan I had on because I thought it would be unmanegable unzipped, if we crashed in water...

The plane began to descend again, this was it. We were attempting to land! My heart was racing, my mouth was dry, I was thinking about the people I loved and if I made a difference in this world. I thought about all the big plans I have and that a plan I was going to add and make sure I do was to stop and smell the roses. We got closer and closer to the runway with only water beneath us... I could see the fire trucks and the EMT crews lining the runway waiting for us. I braced myself for what seemed like hours and... BAM! We landed, rockin' and rollin', shaking and bouncing, but we were on the ground!!!! I felt this HUGE feeling of relief come over me (but was still nervous the plane was gonna suddenly explode!)

My point to all of this is... don't let life get so crazy and hectic, like this picture, that it becomes blurry and you forget your focus, your plan, your dreams. Make sure to have that balance in life of the intense, I'm gonna die in a plane crash, moments and the laid back, smell the Starbucks, decaf that is, moments! LIVE your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider