About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 28


2010-07-28 19:45:12 -0400
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
Ryan: pronounced RYE-an. It is of Irish origin, and the meaning of Ryan is "little king".

In my own definition of Ryan, I believe it is synonymous with fighter, hero, victor, and all around superstar!

Today I had a chance to hang out with one of my best friends and her son, Ryan. I was so impressed with Ryan today! At 2 1/2 years old, Ryan may not have written his name on the board but he sure did identify every letter when his mom wrote them! He had a great time drawing on the board but it was even more fun to erase things! As we walked down the steps he counted them! He could tell me body parts, colors, numbers, letters, etc. And while he was playing, the most adorable little voice would not stop talking!

These things may not sound like a big deal but 2 1/2 years ago we weren't sure if he would be able to do these things... we weren't even sure he'd be around. You would never know that Ryan was a preemie. He was born at 30 weeks at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Ryan spent his first 35 days there and he never gave up. Not only was it rough for him but for his mommy and daddy too.

Spending time with him today shows the resilient nature of children. As proud of him as I was today I was even prouder of his mommy! It was due to her love and support, along with daddy and friends and family, that helped Ryan become the "little king" he is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider