About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 25


2010-07-25 22:32:26 -0400
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
I had the best ME day today! I had plans to go to a cookout but the rain kinda spoiled that so at 12:30pm I found myself with nothing to do. I decided to finish cleaning out my closet. It was one of those cleanings where I literally took everything out and piled it all over my room and then slowly went through things and put things in place.

What is it about clothing that makes it sooooo hard to get rid of? I know the rule, "If you haven't worn it in a year, get rid of it." THAT'S CRAP!!!!

As I was going through my clothes I had several different costume changes. I went from my pj's to an orange Virginia Tech t-shirt, a flowered flowy skirt, a pink bandanna, and a wrist band. (I looked damn sexy) Every piece I was wearing had some kind of significance to me. Each piece was comforting as I put it on. (None of them went in to the Goodwill pile!) Then came the bridesmaid dresses, one of which I wore 1 month before my surgery. I keep that as a reminder... I put it on and was amazed that I could have fit another person in it. I'll never wear it again but for some reason I can't let it go. After the bridesmaid dresses came my favorite sweatshirt. (yes, the AC so cranked so high I was comfortable in a sweatshirt.) And with each piece after came memories, some good bad, some bad. People always say that things are replaceable because you'll always have your memories... I've always been a pack rat. I can't get rid of anything! Maybe it is for security reasons or maybe it is just to keep the memories fresh and out in the open! Whichever the reason, overall I had a very enjoyable afternoon with all my stuff all by myself!

(Especially since most things eventually made their way BACK into the closet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider