About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 16


2010-07-17 08:43:08 -0400
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
Elliot Erwitt
This photo barely made it in my pic of the day... It was taken shortly after midnight at O'Hare. Aside from the composition of this picture, I like it for another reason...There aren't many people in the photo. Very strange that you would be able to take a picture at an airport that is basically the hub for the mid-west with one or two people in it!

In college, my first photography class for my major, my professor was very concerned with me. My first portfolio critique was compositionally a success however the content is what had people talking.

All my pictures were of places that you would expect to see people yet were void of any human life. I had a playground shot at different angles but not a single child. There was a baseball field with the only evidence of people being the footprints left in the infield. I shot the lawn in front of Old Main (PSU) where there are usually several people at any given time... not in my pics! I had the opportunity to go into Beaver Stadium and get some great shots but none of them included people... So on and so on and so on.

Most of those photographs actually ended up in my year end portfolio and in the year end art show. Since college I have often remembered those unintentional themed photographs and have tried to find other venues and purposely shoot them excluding people, this picture included.

No comments:

Post a Comment

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider