About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 144


2010-11-23 20:18:57 GMT
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
GIRLS ON THE RUN!

Girls on the Run is an organization I've been familiar with, helping with, for 2 years now! This is an amazing non-profit that pairs together character building curriculum for girls and running.

The objective of Girls on the Run is to educate and empower girls at an early age in order to prevent the display of at-risk activities in the future. At risk activities include substance/alcohol use, eating disorders, early onset of sexual activity, sedentary lifestyle, depression, suicide attempts and confrontations with the juvenile justice system.

We were lucky enough to receive a grant so we could have Girls on the Run at our school this year! The girls trained for 10 weeks for their 5K race which was today! They did an AMAZING job! I couldn't be prouder!

Girls on the Run is an organization that I would reccommend you look up and support in any way you can!



No comments:

Post a Comment

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider