About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 124


2010-11-02 01:46:43 GMT
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
We all know we need to eat healthy, right? How many of us really know what that means? Through Junior League, I have become involved with Kids In The Kitchen. It is a great program where we target elementary age children and introduce to them fun healthy snacks. I'm amazed when kids ask me what the green thing is and I have to tell them broccoli but they still haven't ever heard of it? Then they ask, how does the white broccoli taste? And I have to reply that it isn't white broccoli, it is cauliflower. Some of the kids we met had never heard these words before!?!?!? Even as they ate the sugar snaps they were trying to peel them open first. It's great introducing kids to these foods and having them actually like what they are tasting! We are excited, they get excited, and they want to eat more! Guess that's the point!

Anyway, I brought to my Junior League meeting 3 students from my after school program. They had a chance to take part in a Kids In The Kitchen program when I brought it to my school. I had them speak to the ladies about the program about what they made and what they liked. The ladies loved them! (At least the ones that could hear them!)
As a thank you, I took them to dinner at the place we had our meeting. Cork & Cap Restaurant is a fancier place that impressed me with their kid's menu! They had so much fun! They giggled that the napkins were cloth and were afraid to wipe their mouths with them. The waiters and staff were great! They were treating them like princesses! The girls asked so many questions like, why there were 2 forks and how did they know which bread plate was theirs and why does some food come out first? They were taking it all in! I was especially impress when all 3 girls tried the pate! their faces were priceless but they respectfully swallowed it and quickly washed it down with sprite! How funny!
When it came to ordering, the one girl asked for chicken fingers but quickly said, "I really should eat a vegetable with this," and not only ordered a salad but also ordered broccoli!!!! And this is why I try to get a variety of programs into my school... you never know the long term effects and it kinda feels great when you actually get to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider