About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 350

A letter I wrote to my first class at Warwick.

Dear Warwick Class of 2011,

When I think about the future, I think "hope." In each one of you glitters a brilliant opportunity to change the world. Sitting here, seeing you in your caps and gowns tonight I see doctors that will work ultimately for the satisfaction of healing rather than for the paycheck. I see politicians who will fight so that each day there are fewer people across the world who go hungry and who cannot afford to offer their children the opportunities you have been afforded. I see teachers, nurses, entrepreneurs, etc who will strive to embody the ideals of morality, compassion, and tenacity.

Turn your wounds into wisdom. You will be wounded many times in your life. You'll make mistakes. Some people will call them failures but I have learned that failure is really God's way of saying, "Excuse me, you're moving in the wrong direction."

Maybe as individuals it is impossible to single-handedly revamp the world, however, within each of you is the power and the responsibility, to influence a community, a family, or even just one other person. Spend more time and effort in building people up rather than tearing them down. Because, when you are launched into the future and arrive at the end you’ll look back, and realize, in the words of Mickey Mouse, "It's not the candy, the presents, or the lights all aglow... It's about the lives that we touch, and the people we know."

Every moment of the last few years has been spent anticipating the next. I know that is true for me at least. You’ll spend your whole life anticipating what’s coming next. But remember to stop and smell the roses. Take time for yourself, your family, and your friends. You can start today, enjoy the moment, because as you look back on the past four years, thirteen years for that matter, it becomes clear that time has gone by far too quickly.

Congratulations!

Just a little advice...

Spend more effort/time building people up rather than tearing them down.
Be positive and use the value of humor.
Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
When you say, ‘I love you,’ mean it.
When you say, ‘I’m sorry,’ look the person in the eye.
Believe in love at first sight.
Never laugh at anyone’s dreams. People who don’t have dreams don’t have much.
Talk slowly but think quickly.
Say ‘bless you’ when you hear someone sneeze.
When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
Remember the three R’s: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.
Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
Spend some time alone.
Tell the truth, no matter how difficult it might seem at the time!
Have faith in yourself.
People won’t remember what you say; they will remember how you made them feel.
Once you set a goal, always take one step towards its attainment – immediately.
A good leader always takes responsibility – no matter what!
Speak your mind when you feel strongly about something.
You can command respect easily, simply by respecting others.
You can tell more about a person by what he says about others, than by what others say about him.
Give as much as you can, as often as you can, and in the best ways you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider