About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 83


2010-09-22 00:54:31 GMT
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
This is Jasmine, aka Fatty. There is a funny story about how I got her...

It is my first year of teaching at King Elementary in the School District of Lancaster and one of my 2nd graders, Delilah, comes into the room bawling her eyes out. I can barely make out what she is saying but I finally figure out that her mom made her get rid of the her cat and that the cat followed her to school. I asked her where the cat was and she wailed... "IN MY BOOK BAG!" Sure enough I went over to the closet and heard meowing coming from Delilah's book bag! I made a few phone calls first to the nurse to see if I had any students with cat allergies, then to teachers in the building for supplies and in a matter of 15 mins I had a litter box and cat food and a water dish! I was freaking out thinking my principal was going to kill me!!! I called my landlord at lunch about having a cat and he said he'd get back to me. So the cat actually lived in my classroom for a week until my landlord called me back and said I could have a cat. She got her name Jasmine because that was Delilah's middle name. That cat has been through thick and thin with me! Apartments, houses, boyfriends, deaths, etc. I love this cat!

1 comment:

  1. Woah, I'm gonna tell your old boss. You can forget about THAT reference!

    ReplyDelete

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider