About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 64


2010-09-02 19:12:32 -0400
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
It's the little things that really make life enjoyable...

This morning I'm a little cranky, a little nervous, a little excited, a little overwhelmed, etc...

I roll into Starbucks in Lititz and order my usual, artisan ham sandwich and a tall iced coffee, extra skim milk and 3 splenda. A quick exchange of goods and money and I'm off.

About 500 feet after turning on Rt 501, I am in a dead stopped line of traffic. Using every four letter word known to man, I am becoming more agitated by the second.

I took a deep breath, a sip of my iced coffee, and decided to take advantage of not driving to eat my sandwich. I went to open the bag and there on the left-hand side was the word, "Enjoy." It instantly put a smile on my face and I felt the muscles loosen a little in my body.

Starbucks was not slow this morning, in fact the line was almost to the main road of the shopping complex. Someone decided to take the extra 10 secs, on a VERY busy morning, to write a little note on my sandwich.

It made my day, reminding to me to slow down, take a deep breath, be thankful that I have a job to go to, and to enjoy the little things!

Thank you Starbucks!

“Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn't stop to enjoy it.” - William Feather

1 comment:

  1. That is kind of cute. Starbucks is always a delight! By the way, I'll be posting soon about how to save money at STarbucks...make sure you look out for that one:) It's an addiction of mine too, I must admit.

    ReplyDelete

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider