About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 113


2010-10-23 03:03:55 GMT
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
Kids in the Kitchen (KITK) is a Junior League sponsored event.

This kiddo was trying to convince himself to eat the broccoli. He has never tasted the broccoli and was actually getting sick over the thought. However, he ate it and actually reached in the bowl to get another piece that was much bigger!

The goal of the Junior Leagues' Kids in the Kitchen initiative, which is supported by The Association of Junior Leagues International Inc. and its member Leagues, is to empower youth to make healthy lifestyle choices and help reverse the growth of childhood obesity and its associated health issues.

Inspired by the Junior League of Calgary's Junior Chefs program, the Junior Leagues' Kids in the Kitchen initiative began in 2006 with the goal of engaging kids in the preparation of healthy meals as a means to educate them and their parents regarding nutrition and healthy choices. Junior Leagues in more than 200 locations provide lessons and demonstrations related to preparation of healthy meals and snacks in partnership with local community organizations, chefs and nutritionists. The Association of Junior Leagues International provides guidelines and materials to support the success of these educational and motivational activities and supports the program with a website, www.kidsinthekitchen.org. The website includes bilingual recipes, tips on nutrition, fitness and healthy lifestyles as well as an interactive “Kids' Corner” with an online nutrition game provided by Kids in the Kitchen international sponsor, Cartoon Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider