About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 105


2010-10-14 23:10:18 GMT
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
People do their best with what they have...

I took dinner over to a student's house tonight. It was a reward for good behavior by the students. I was reluctant to go because I had a million other things on my plate that night but I decided that this was important and needed to be done.

I had spoken with the boys' mother last week and set it up that I would bring pizza over tonight. Not only were the boys excited but their mom was excited too. She called me early in the day asking what time I would be over. She was relieved by my later than sooner answer. She said that gave her enough time to clean.

Little did I know that not only did she clean the house top to bottom but that she arranged for her uncle to take her to the store. When I got to their house she had baked potatoes, a huge chef salad, and battered fish in addition to the pizzas!

Dinner was nice. I actually had a great time. It was good to see the kids interact with their younger siblings and the adults in the house. The older kids helped the younger kids, oldest boy was VERY caring with his grandmother, we prayed before we ate, and everyone had a good time.

This is a good mom that I believe really wants the best for her kids. I know she loves those kids more than words can express. I think she feels the decisions she makes is what is best however I pray that one day she is healed with all her own issues so that she can be consistent in her parenting.

I can make no judgements on how to parent when she has six kids and is the same age as me. They may not have a lot of money. They may not have a big house. But...

They do the best with what they have...

No comments:

Post a Comment

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider