About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 230


2011-02-19 03:43:03 +0000
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
Today was a good day! I started off my day at my Dean's meeting. We had a presenter talk to us about brain research and what happens when children get upset. Especially related to teaching children poverty. Children whose family meet the guidelines of poverty are actually "wired" differently. Many people do not know how vast the difference in vocabulary and experiences between children in poverty and middle class children. Their brains actually develop differently. It was VERY interesting and put a perspective again on the type of children I deal with everyday. By know means is this an excuse for their academics, behavior etc, but it reminds us that we need to go about teaching and handling these children in different ways.

The magnets in the picture are from a first grader who has autism. He has OCD tendencies with magnets. It comforts him to walk around my room and collect all the magnets and put them on the side of his desk. He can't sit down until that happens. He's a really neat kid, one of my favorites actually... :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider