About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 168


2010-12-17 01:26:37 +0000
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
ABC Superhero

Today...

I don't care about making AYP...

I don't care about PSSA scores...

I don't care about 4Sights...

I don't care about DIBLES...

What I care about are the scores that the state doesn't look like...

Scores that put a smile on a kid's face to show their pride!

My friend came to our school knowing no English. He was a little bit hard to handle at first but wouldn't you be bored/distracted when you have no idea what anyone is saying around you for 6 hours a day? With A LOT of love and support and positive reinforcement by his AMAZING 1st grade teacher, he came down to my office to show me that he knows 14 letters in English!! He was so proud! After a BIG celebrations, a photo shoot, and selecting a book at the book fair, I walked him back to class and all his classmates were VERY excited for him and asked if I knew he could say 14 letters in English! They were so proud of him and he was BEAMING!!!

Celebrating knowing 14 letters in English is more important to me than any standardized test score ANY DAY! Just wish the state would reward such accomplishments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider