About Project 365

I have decided to get back into my photography. I have boycotted my hobby for awhile because I miss the meditating atmosphere of a dark room. (Maybe I just miss the fumes!?!?) When I went to school I can remember spending very long evenings in the dark room and having a sense of accomplishment and creativity! Since I have made the switch to digital photography, I rarely edit the photos I take. With this project I will have different types of photos. All photos will be taken with my iPhone and will not be edited. Some will be normal everyday pics and some artistic in nature, but all will be a little part of my day. Everyday for a year! Here's to going out and finding the creativity again...


Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 164


2010-12-13 00:40:54 +0000
Originally uploaded by Manpan915
2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

I went to my friend's house tonight for drinks and to catch up and she gave me an early Christmas present. It is a wine bag made from recycled plastic grocery bags and VHS tape. It began as a ministry project by New Creations Ministry.

New Creations Ministry is an outreach that began last fall. There goal is to use teaching and training to improve the lives of the Zambian. The current focus centers around the making of handbags using only recycled plastic grocery bags, a pair of scissors and a crochet hook. In a country with few resources and very little capital, such an enterprise is within the reach of most Zambians. In terms of supplies and tools, it is easily sustainable. Since January, over 25 ladies have handcrafted more than 250 bags, ranging from small wallet-sized bags to bags suitable for carrying large loads.

For more information and some great pictures of the bags click here.

Thanks Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

msn live stats
Best DSL Provider